|Este artigo precisa dunha tradución ao galego.
A súa axuda é benvida. Se este artigo non se traduce nun prazo de trinta días, pasará á lista de páxinas para borrar.
Colabore connosco para que a Galipedia mellore e medre.
Adam Levine nunha conferencia de prensa en Singapur en 2011
|Nome completo||Adam Noah Levine|
|Naceu||18 de marzo de 1979|
|Orixe||Los Angeles, Estados Unidos|
|Ocupación (s)||Cantante e compositor, músico e actor.|
|Xénero||Rock, Soul, Pop, Power pop e Teen pop|
|Instrumento(s)||Voz, guitarra, baixo, piano e batería|
|Tipo de voz||Contratenor|
|Selo(s) discográfico (s)||A&M Octone|
|Relacionado con||Maroon 5, Victoria Justice, Kara's Flowers, Rihanna, Kanye West, Sara Bareilles, Ying Yang Twins, Alicia Keys, Luciana salame, Slash, K'naan y Gym Class Heroes|
|Tempo en activo||1994-actualidade|
Levine naceu en Los Angeles, o día 18 de marzo de 1979. É fillo de Fred e Patsy Levine, é ten dous irmáns Michael e Julia, ademis de dous medios irmáns, Sam e Liza . Tamén ten un tío que é escritor e periodista Timothy Noah. Seu pai e a súa madrastra posuen dúas tendas de moda. A súa relixión é a xudía, ao igual que seu pai.
Levine asisitiu á escola French Woods Festival of the Performing Arts (Hancock, NY) donde coñeceu a Jesse Carmichael, Mickey Madden e Ryan Dusick cos que formou o grupo Kara's Flowers.
Inicios na música [editar]
Kara's Flowers [editar]
Conocéndose no Colexio Brentwood en Los Angeles, a banda lanzou o seu primeiro disco titulado The Fourth World en 1997 sendo xa os maiores do instituto. Ese mesmo ano a banda apareceu nun episocio de Beverly Hills, 90210. O disco tivo pouco éxito, e o seu único single, "Soap Disco", fracasou comercialmente. Decepcionados cos resultados do seu primeiro disco, os membros da banda separaron os seus camiños.
Levine and Carmichael left Los Angeles for New York. This was the first time the two Los Angeles natives were exposed to a completely different music scene, a cultural awakening for the young men. On MTV News, in 2002, Levine said, "That's when I started waking up to the whole hip hop, R&B thing. We had friends named Chaos and shit. It was not Brentwood High."
Maroon 5 and mainstream success [editar]
During this time, Levine worked a two-week stint as a waiter at Johnny Rockets. After dropping out of Five Towns College, Levine and Jesse reunited with Mickey and Ryan, but added former Square guitarist, James Valentine in 2001. Renaming the band Maroon 5, Levine and his friends began to compile all of their newfound musical influences into their music. While Levine was working as a writer's assistant on the television show "Judging Amy," he spent time writing the lyrics about his ex-girlfriend, Jane. Those lyrics became the album Songs About Jane.
Other work [editar]
Levine has collaborated with various musical acts. In 2005, Levine was featured on the Ying Yang Twins song "Live Again". He appeared on Kanye West's Late Registration album, on the third single, "Heard 'Em Say". He is also featured in the song "Wild Horses" on Alicia Keys' third album Alicia Keys: MTV Unplugged. Over the next year, he co-wrote the track "Say It Again" on Natasha Bedingfield's album N.B. and also performed the background vocals on the song. Levine has also offered his vocals on the Gym Class Heroes song, "Stereo Hearts".
Levine has made four notable comic appearances on television. During 2007, he appeared on the 33rd season premiere of Saturday Night Live in an SNL Digital Short called Iran So Far with Andy Samberg, Fred Armisen and Jake Gyllenhaal. Levine played himself while singing a humorous bridge to a "love song" for Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. In 2008, he appeared on Comedy Central's "Night of Too Many Stars". Levine also had a cameo on Jimmy Kimmel Live! for the night of stars and endorsed Barack Obama in the 2008 Presidential Election.
Levine has stated in various interviews that he does not plan on continuing in Maroon 5 forever, and may stop after the tour for Maroon 5's third album (Hands All Over). In 2009, he recorded "Gotten", a song for Slash's first solo album Slash released in April 2010. "Gotten" was premiered at amazon.com on March 29, 2010. Levine is also featured as a singer for his band's song "She Will be Loved" in the music rhythm game Band Hero. In February 2010, he was among approximately 80 musicians who sang on the charity-single remake of "We Are the World" called "We Are the World 25 for Haiti". Modelo:Citation needed
Levine is one of the contestant judges and coach mentors on the singing TV show, The Voice. The winner of the first season, Javier Colon, was on Levine's team. Levine also returned as a coach for season 2 of The Voice. His team consisted of Mathai, Pip, Tony Lucca, Katrina Parker, Karla Davis, and Kim Yarbrough. Levine will appear as Leo, a recurring character, in American Horror Story: Asylum, the second season of the anthology series. He was elected TV's Most Crushworthy Male Reality Host/Judge in a poll held by Zap2it. He also returned for season 3 of The Voice. In June 2012, Levine was cast in the film Can a Song Save Your Life?.
Personal life [editar]
Levine's ex-girlfriend Jane was the inspiration behind the name of the band's debut album Songs About Jane. In a 2004 interview, he claimed that she had not contacted him despite the success of the album.
In September 2010, Levine said on the radio program The Howard Stern Show he had been dating Russian Sports Illustrated swimsuit and Victoria's Secret model Anne Vyalitsyna seriously for about eight months. The couple met when Maroon 5 performed at the 2010 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue release party in Las Vegas. In April 2012, Levine and Vyalitsyna announced that they had split. Levine stripped naked for testicular cancer awareness for a centerfold in Cosmopolitan UK's February 2011 issue.
Levine, whose brother is openly gay, is an outspoken supporter of same-sex marriage and LGBT rights. In 2011, he made a video on Maroon 5's official YouTube account in support of the It Gets Better Project. In January 2012, he announced that Maroon 5 had changed the location of their post-Grammy Awards show because of the "unnamed Los Angeles restaurant's backing of Proposition 8".
As a featured artist [editar]
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Heard 'Em Say"
(Kanye West featuring Adam Levine)
|"Say It Again"
(Natasha Bedingfield featuring Adam Levine)
|2007||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||N.B. / Pocketful of Sunshine|
(K'naan featuring Adam Levine)
(Gym Class Heroes featuring Adam Levine)
|2011||4||1||4||7||–||4||8||3||9||3||The Papercut Chronicles II|
(50 Cent featuring Eminem and Adam Levine)
|2012||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||Street King Immortal|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart or receive certification.|
Other charted songs [editar]
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Man in the Mirror (Michael Jackson Cover)"
(Javier Colon with Adam Levine)
Guest appearances [editar]
|"Live Again"||2005||U.nited S.tate of A.tlanta||Ying Yang Twins|
|"Wild Horses"||Unplugged||Alicia Keys|
|2011-present||The Voice||Himself (judge)||Nominated-Teen Choice Award for Choice TV: Personality|
|2012||American Horror Story: Asylum||Leo||TV mini-series (3 episodes)|
|2013||Can a Song Save Your Life?||Himself||post-production|
- Rosen, Craig (June 4, 2005), "MAROON 5". Billboard. 117 (23):
- Kimpel, 2006, p88
- Newt Briggs (2004). "Off the Charts: Maroon 5" lasvegasmercury.com (accessed February 27, 2007)
- Smith, RJ (June 2007), "Dear Superstar: Adam Levine". Blender. (accessed January 16, 2009)
- Moss, Corey (December 19, 2005), "Move Over, Justin: Adam Levine Is Hip-Hop's New Favorite White Boy". MTV.com (accessed January 18, 2009)
- (October 9, 2008), "Adam Lvine Interview: First Act 222 Guitar". YouTube.com (accessed January 18, 2009)
- Paton, Maureen (August 2, 2008), "In a taxi with...Adam Levine". Mail Online. (accessed January 16, 2009)
- Greene, Andy (June 28, 2007), "Maroon 5: Back on Top". Rolling Stone. (1029):16
- "Gotten" premiered at amazon.com, March 29, 2010. Amazon.com (1965-07-23). Retrieved on October 30, 2011.
- Cee Lo Green, Adam Levine Named Coaches of ‘The Voice' – 2011-02-28 19:51:51|Broadcasting & Cable. Broadcastingcable.com. Retrieved October 30, 2011.
- "Adam Levine Confirms American Horror Story Role". E! Online. April 2, 2012. http://uk.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/adam_levine_confirms_american_horror/305721.
- Carina Adly MacKenzie. "TV's Most Crushworthy Reality Host/Judge (Male)". Zap2it. http://www.zap2it.com/news/pictures/zap-tv-most-crushworthy-awards-pics,0,2089692.photogallery?index=28. Consultado o June 9, 2012.
- Rubin, Courtney (April 19, 2004), "MAROON 5 SOUNDS OFF". People. 61(15):45
- The Howard Stern Show for September 22, 2010. "An update to Adam's sex resume"
- "Adam Levine and Anne V Split". Peopledate=April 2, 2012. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20583733,00.html. Consultado o April, 2012.
- Zakarin, Jordan (January 6, 2010). "Adam Levine Nude: Maroon 5 Singer Gets Naked For Cancer In Cosmo UK". Entertainment (The Huffington Post). http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/06/adam-levine-nude-marron-5-singer-gets-naked-for-cancer-in-cosmo-uk_n_805399.html. Consultado o January 8, 2010.
- "Maroon 5 Lead Singer Adam Levine Raises Awareness of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder in Young Adults and Adults With "Own It"". PR Newswire. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/maroon-5-lead-singer-adam-levine-raises-awareness-of-attention-deficithyperactivity-disorder-in-young-adults-and-adults-with-own-it-124182579.html. Consultado o September 28, 2011.
- "Adam Levine And Maroon 5 Boycotting Mexican Restaurant For Anti-Gay Marriage Stance". January 25, 2012. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/25/adam-levine-maroon-boycott-restaurant-gay-marriage_n_1232252.html. Consultado o January 29, 2012.
- "Adam Levine (Maroon 5) – It Gets Better". July 11, 2011. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1R8cqLJkks.
- "German Singles Chart: Adam Levine". acharts.com. http://acharts.us/performer/adam_levine. Consultado o May 13, 2010.
- "Australian Singles Chart: Adam Levine". australian-charts.com. http://australian-charts.com/showinterpret.asp?interpret=adam+levine. Consultado o May 13, 2010.
- "Irish Singles Chart: Adam Levine". irish-charts.com. http://irish-charts.com/showinterpret.asp?interpret=adam+levine. Consultado o May 13, 2010.
- "Dutch Singles Chart: Adam Levine". dutchcharts.nl. http://dutchcharts.nl/showinterpret.asp?interpret=adam+levine. Consultado o May 13, 2010.
- "New Zealand Singles Chart: Adam Levine". charts.org.nz. http://charts.org.nz/showinterpret.asp?interpret=adam+levine. Consultado o May 13, 2010.
- "Sweden Singles Chart: Adam Levine". swedishcharts.com. http://swedishcharts.com/showinterpret.asp?interpret=adam+levine. Consultado o May 13, 2010.
- Chart positions for UK charting singles:
Further reading [editar]
- Kimpel, Dan (2006), How They Made It: True Stories of How Music's Biggest Stars Went from Start to Stardom!. Location unknown:Hal Leonard Corporation. ISBN 0-634-07642-6